Friday, November 26, 2010

Appointment today

Well all things considering it went well. They did an ultrasound and at first she couldnt see anything but after checking a few things the tech was able to find a gestational sac that measured 5.1 weeks so a day or two ahead of what I am. She also found fluid on the uterus which would account for the gush. I saw Dr M and she asked me what I thought and I told her until the gush I had felt confident that all was well and we would be bringing home a baby with us alive. She said that was good enough for her. She asked if I was on progesterone which I am and I told her baby aspirin as well. She said it sounds like I am doing everything that I should be and offered rhogham which I agreed was the best idea since if its blood and it crosses the sac it can kill the baby. We also decided to check beta and progesterone. She said as a general rule the progesterone level has been a better indicator of a successful pregnancy then beta. So I went down for the labs and they were supposed to call me as soon as they got them but Dr Dean didn't call. I finally threw in the towel and called him about 8:30 he called me right back and told me the beta was 2800 and progesterone 30.2. My expectations were 1400 and 22 so they exceeded what I was hoping for. Dr Dean wants me to come in later this week but Dr M said I could wait until the 20th. Right now I am leaning towards waiting until the 20th unless something else happens. So please keep praying that our little one continues to grow.

0 people left a comment!:

Post a Comment